This months cocktail is made in the spirit of All Hallows’ Eve.
Makes 2 Servings
1.5 oz Rum
1.5 oz Aquavit
1 oz Aperol
3 oz Toasted Pumpkin seed infused Muscat wine
2 oz gomme syrup or strong simple syrup
1 oz Lemon Juice
15-20 drops of Bitterman’s Xocolatl Mole Bitters
2 cinnamon sticks
Pumpkin Seed infused Muscat Wine
375ml of Wine (a half bottle)
50g of toasted pumpkin seeds
(You can use any aromatic wine, such as muscat, gewürztraminer, riesling, even possibly sauvignon blanc.)
Leave seeds in the wine for a few hours or overnight.
- Chill two glasses very well.
- In a large mixing glass with ice, add the Rum, Aquavit, Aperol, Muscat wine, simple syrup, lemon juice and bitters. Stir well
- With a torch, burn the end of the cinnamon stick, lay on a non-reactive surface and turn the well chilled glass upside down over the burned end of the cinnamon stick. Leave for 15-20 seconds or longer
- Turn the glasses over and grate the unburned end of the cinnamon stick over the top of the glass. Make sure to get some on the rim of the glass.
- Strain the drink into the glass and garnish with the cinnamon stick.
Thanks to Chefsteps for the idea of the burning cinnamon stick.